نهضة أمة الحبيب Awakening of MOHAMMED'S NATION
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

الرئيسيةالبوابةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته أحبابنا أعضا وزوار نهضة أمة الحبيب صلى الله عليه وسلم تم بحمد الله افتتاح منتديات نهضة أمة الإسلامية والتي نأمل أن يكون المنتدى الأفضل بين المنتديات الإسلامية التي تعتني بالفرد و المجتمع تحت شعار وتعاونوا على البر والتقوى ..... أتمنى لكم إقامة مفيدة في منتدى نهضة امة ونتمنى منك التفاعل والمشاركة وشكرا لكم

Fatima Qadri

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
NAHDA ADMIN
Admin
NAHDA ADMIN

Clock :
Profile photo أجمل ما الدنيا أن تراها كأنها وردة متفتحة دولتك : Palestine
انثى
عدد المساهمات 324
نقاط : 683
الـمُـعَـدّل : 0
الموقع K.S.A

Fatima Qadri   Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Fatima Qadri    Fatima Qadri   Emptyالأحد أبريل 01, 2012 12:31 am

A reversion story by: Fatima Qadri(Previously Devon Harsel)

I was raised in a non-religious home in a small town in North Dakota, USA. My family claimed to be Christian but never went to church and only celebrated holidays. I never read the bible or knew how to worship God although I could always feel him in my heart.

My life before Islam seemed pretty much meaningless. I felt lost and without guidance. Life was materialistic and only about work and school. I had a somewhat troublesome youth. I got into trouble with the law on several occasions for underage drinking and eventually turned to drugs. In college I spiraled into a deep depression. I ended up dropping out and getting pregnant at 19. When my baby was six weeks old he almost died and this sent me deeper into depression. I ended up giving my baby up for adoption to my parents as I was not able to care for him financially etc.

I continued on my path of destruction and ended up in in-patient treatment for my alcoholism and depression. There I met the first Muslim in my life, Dr. Hatem Nour. He was an Egyptian man who became a mentor for me for the next couple years. At first I didn't have a clue he was Muslim but eventually found out he was. His voice reminded me of someone I'd met online a few years before so out of nowhere I decided to contact him. Imran, a Pakistani man, talked to me daily and encouraged me through my stay at the hospital. I asked him if he was Muslim and he said he was.

My curiousity grew and as soon as the hospital I went to the library to see if there were any books on Islam. The librarian said she didn't have any except one that someone had just dropped off. If was a short brief book that explained the basics of Islam.

Imran encouraged me to read more but I was a little confused. I had no clue what an Imam was and couldn't imagine why a woman couldn't wear a t-shirt. I didn't take it too seriously at first. He invited me to Belgium so I accepted as I wanted to get away from everything for awhile. This was my first experience with people of various cultures. I worked in a net cafe and met people of various nationalities.

I ended up going through some traumatic experiences. I was raped and had a forced abortian. I felt I had no where else to turn but God. I felt the need for hijab to protect me. I started studying Islam more and more and accepted Islam in my heart as my faith.

Things ended up not working out with Imran. I arranged to marry an Indian man in Abu Dhabi, UAE and traveled there to live. I officially took my Shahada. I was amazed at the beauty of Arabic culture and couldn't believe how friendly everyone was. Everyone smothered me with gifts and hospitality. People I never met before where being so nice and I couldn't understand why. It was a drastic difference from the people and life in America. I took a class to learn Arabic and continued to study. I traveled to Oman, India, and Pakistan and further experienced Islamic culture. I had the time of my life and will always remember it fondly.

Since Islam I've quit drinking alcohol completly. I've gained more confidence in myself. I owe alot of that to my hijab. I had to get over what others thought about me. My life now has meaning. I have strength because I know that whatever happens Allah subhanallah wa ta'ala is always there and I will always have the love of my brothers and sisters in Islam.

The End
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
https://nahdetummetelhabeb.forumarabia.com

Fatima Qadri
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
نهضة أمة الحبيب Awakening of MOHAMMED'S NATION :: || Islamic English Forum || :: ۞ stories of converts to islam ۞-
انتقل الى: